Rocky's Doggie Dental Cleaning
We are excited to announce that we are partnering with Raquel from Rocky's Doggie Dental to provide anesthetic-free dental cleaning services!
They will be at our location on Wednesday February 14th!
+ Toto's Dog Wash | 9118 Telegraph Rd Downey, CA
Contact Rocky's Doggie Dental to make an appointment!
+ (747) 224-7026 (Call & Text)
+ @rockys_doggiedental (instagram)
About the Service
Frequently Asked Questions - Answers from Rocky's Doggie Dental
1. How is the procedure done without anesthesia?
"Large dogs lay on the floor between our legs. Small dogs are comfortably wrapped in a towel and held in our lap. We then use one hand to control the mouth and expose the teeth, and the other hand to clean the teeth and remove the tartar."
2. How long does the entire cleaning process take?
"The entire process takes about 30-60 minutes, depending on the amount of tartar build up and how the pet is feeling."
3. Is the technician able to get below the gum line?
"Yes, we are able to remove tartar underneath the gum line."
4. What if the pet has loose or missing teeth?
"We are still able to perform preventative dental cleanings for dogs despite missing or loose teeth."
5. What if the pet's dental and gum condition is past the point of where a dental cleaning would be beneficial?
"If the condition of the pet's teeth/gums are beyond the need for a preventative cleaning, meaning a condition already exists, Rocky's Doggie Dental reserves the right to not perform the teeth cleaning of any pet. An additional recommendation would then be made."
6. How often should I get this done?
"It is recommended to have professional dental cleaning every 6 months."
7. What should I do at home to help with their teeth cleaning?
"Brush! Using a small toothbrush, apply organic coco nunt oil or use an oral rinse or oral foam. You can find these Petco or PetSmart."